Life as a practitioner and beyond with Denise Gibbons
In this episode we talk with Denise Gibbons about life as a practitioner and beyond.
Episode 27 – Life as a Practitioner and Beyond with Denise Gibbons
Amongst a diverse range of interesting topics, we discuss having a personal advisory board, challenges for mothers who also have careers, family-friendly businesses, Toastmasters and respecting one’s brain.
Denise also shares some practical tips for women forging careers, dealing with Imposter Syndrome and how to handle committees where female opinions have traditionally been overlooked.
We talk about the book Denise has written – her objective in writing it, the process she went through and the messages she has incorporated within. We also touch upon the Women’s Empowerment and Leadership Program that Denise has developed and is now running.
In the Coach’s Corner segment, you’ll hear Scott speaking about two elements he considers essential for the website of professional practices – “About You” and “Client Case Studies”. It’s Scott’s view that these elements will help to distinguish your website from your competitors.
- Denise’s book is entitled Women as Leaders. The world needs you. It is available for purchase from her website: http://denise-gibbons.com/books/
- You can get onto Denise’s mailing list, check out her weekly blog and download a free chapter of her book from her website.
- Details of Denise’s programs can be found at: http://denise-gibbons.com/programs/
- If you’d like to know more about Transition Planning Australia, either as an adviser or as a client, details can be found at: http://transitionplan.com.au/
- The other book Denise referred to is Your Brain at Work by David Rock.
DENISE’S CONTACT DETAILS
SCOTT’S CONTACT DETAILS
Phone: 0409 870 330